Re: info on portable assemblers (Peter David Cupit)
Mon, 18 Nov 1991 00:39:52 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
info on portable assemblers (1991-11-13)
Re: info on portable assemblers (1991-11-14)
Re: info on portable assemblers (1991-11-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Peter David Cupit)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1991 00:39:52 GMT (ACMFIU) writes:
>I am interested in writing an assembler that will compile code for different
>architectures. If anyone has information on previous research regarding
>this, please let me know.

As far as I know a cross-assembler that targets multiple cpu's is called a
Meta-Assembler, I know of a book on these, just gotta remember the title.
I will have to search a bit...

There is a Canadian company called Universal Cross-Assemblers that has a
meta-assembler, phone (506) 847-0681, they list a large number of targets
(not 68030, 80386) but my fact sheet is a year old and they say that it's
easy to make new tables for the assembler and that they include directions
for that task.

Hope this helps.

Peter David Cupit.
3rd year Comp Sci.