Re: Interpreter. What is the best way ?

joshua@veritas.com (Joshua Levy)
Sat, 16 Nov 1991 03:32:34 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Interpreter. What is the best way ? nick@nsis.cl.nec.co.jp (1991-11-14)
Re: Interpreter. What is the best way ? jones@pyrite.cs.uiowa.edu (1991-11-14)
Re: Interpreter. What is the best way ? joshua@veritas.com (1991-11-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: joshua@veritas.com (Joshua Levy)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1991 03:32:34 GMT

nick@nsis.cl.nec.co.jp (Gavin Thomas Nicol) writes:
> I'm not sure if this is a question that really fits here, but I am have
>started to write an application extension language,

I would seriously look at TCL, before implementing my own application
extension language. TCL 6.1 just got posted to one of the source groups
(comp.sources.misc, I think). I have used 4.something and 6.0. TCL is
designed to be an extension language, and to be easily extendable. IMHO
it succeeds in both goals.

Its syntax is a little more complicated than C or PASCAL, but I would still
recommend at least looking at it before writing your own from scratch.

Joshua Levy (joshua@veritas.com)