Mixing Alsys with Verdix -- is it possible?

shuksan!sam2747@bcstec.ca.boeing.com (Scott Moody)
29 Oct 91 16:38:55 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Mixing Alsys with Verdix -- is it possible? shuksan!sam2747@bcstec.ca.boeing.com (1991-10-29)
Re: Mixing Alsys with Verdix -- is it possible? geoff@flash.bellcore.com (1991-11-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada,comp.compilers
From: shuksan!sam2747@bcstec.ca.boeing.com (Scott Moody)
Date: 29 Oct 91 16:38:55 GMT

I am working in an environment where Alsys Ada is the 'standard' Ada
compilation system. Most of my work has been done using the Verdix Ada
system on Sun's.

Does anyone know if these two environments can be mixed? I know that
normal languages would allow this (eg C,Pascal...) but Ada has that
runtime environment that must be the 'main'. i have hooked Ada and C
together with Ada being the master.

My hope is to have one of the two Ada's be the master and not run the
other's runtime system.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks.
--