Re: Looking for Modula2-to-C translator

csgw@alpha.ru.ac.za (George Wells)
21 Oct 91 08:01:17 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for Modula2-to-C translator lth@cs.uoregon.edu (1991-10-14)
Re: Looking for Modula2-to-C translator derek@knosof.uucp (1991-10-15)
Re: Looking for Modula2-to-C translator sra@ecs.soton.ac.uk (1991-10-17)
Re: Looking for Modula2-to-C translator csgw@alpha.ru.ac.za (1991-10-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.modula2
From: csgw@alpha.ru.ac.za (George Wells)
Date: 21 Oct 91 08:01:17 GMT

In 91-10-069 sra@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Stephen Adams) writes:

>In article 91-10-044 lth@cs.uoregon.edu writes:

>> We are in need of a free Modula2-to-C translator. Anything that runs under
>> SunOS, Mt. Xinu, or HPUX is fine. Since the rest of the specs are fuzzy at
>> the moment, everything and anything is acceptable, and pointers to where I
>> might find such a beast would be most welcome.

>p2c, the pascal-to-C translator, can handle Modula2 syntax. I can't vouch
>for how good it is because I have only used it for simple Pascal programs.

I tried p2c for a Modula-2 to C conversion and din't have too much success
(the M-2 I was working with had some rather peculiar features which didn't
help). There is another package called mtc which I found to be better for
my purposes, as it is a pure M-2 to C converter rather than an extension of
a Pascal to C translator.

Mtc is available (I think) by ftp from rusmv1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de as the
file /soft/unixtools/compilerbau/mtc.tar.Z

Good luck,
George Wells.
--
George Wells
Dept of Computer Science, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, 6140, South Africa