compilers = semantics + scheduling text ?

Max Hailperin <>
16 Oct 91 13:29:03

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
compilers = semantics + scheduling text ? (Max Hailperin) (1991-10-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Max Hailperin <>
Date: 16 Oct 91 13:29:03

I would like to teach our compilers course for undergraduate seniors
in a way I can roughly sum up with the slogan

    compilers = semantics + resource scheduling

In particular, we'd completely bypass lexical analysis and parsing as
being a completely seperate subject (deserving of its own, seperate
course; it just doesn't fit in our four year plan).

My only problem is, I don't know of any textbook oriented towards this

Hence my question: is there such a textbook? Are any of you writing
one and interested in some one to beta-test a draft?

Thanks muchly.