Does a PL/1 Compiler Exist (Cheap one) for Macintosh/IBM PC?

umlippen@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Ricky Gerard Lippens)
Mon, 14 Oct 1991 18:04:48 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Does a PL/1 Compiler Exist (Cheap one) for Macintosh/IBM PC? umlippen@ccu.umanitoba.ca (1991-10-14)
Re: PL/1 for Macintosh/PC rcg@lpi.liant.com (1991-10-15)
Re: Does a PL/1 Compiler Exist (Cheap one) for Macintosh/IBM PC? jimr@orion.oac.uci.edu (1991-10-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: umlippen@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Ricky Gerard Lippens)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 18:04:48 GMT

Hello folks. Just curious as to whether or not anyone knows where I could
find a fairly inexpensive IBM or Macintosh PL/1 Compiler. It would really
be appreciated, as the mainframe's optimizing version at the University of
Manitoba can get a bit annoying to say the least. If you know of anyone, or
anyplace that has for sale such a compiler, I would appreciate it if you
e-mail me at the following address:

umlippen@ccu.umanitoba.ca

Sincerely,
Rick Lippens
Computer Science III
University of Manitoba, Canada <Winnipeg>
[Digital Research used to sell a PL/I subset for the PC, but dropped it a
long time ago. Every PL/I implementation I know of other than IBM's is
based on the LPI compiler. LPI recently merged into a small software
conglomerate but are still in the language business, and I don't know
whether they ever moved it to a Mac or PC. -John]