Plan 9 papers - file name?

John R. Levine <>
Tue, 20 Aug 91 20:51:58 EDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Plan 9 papers - file name? (John R. Levine) (1991-08-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: John R. Levine <>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 91 20:51:58 EDT

Several people have written asking for more information about the Plan 9
papers. If you have FTP access, ftp to, log in as
anonymous, and get dist/plan9doc/1 through dist/plan9doc/8. The paper on the
C compiler is number 8.

For people without FTP access, they are available through netlib as
CSTR 158. Send a message to containing
  "send 158a from research/cstr"
for the first part, 158b for the second part, through 158h for the last part.
The paper on the C compiler is 158h.

These papers are all Postscript files. Not having access to a Postscript
printer at the moment, I haven't actually read them. The Postscript is
rather ugly to read if you're a human (most lines are sort of in reverse
order) though I presume they're OK if you're a laser printer.
John Levine, comp.compilers moderator or {spdcc|ima|world}!iecc!johnl