Thu, 8 Aug 91 10:19:36 BST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Debuggers think!cullvax! (1987-03-07)
Re: Debuggers harvard!rutgers!sri-unix!ctnews!mitisft!markb (1987-03-12)
Re: Debuggers harvard!rutgers!spam!ames!ucbcad!ucbvax!decvax!vir (1987-03-15)
Re: Debuggers decvax!decwrl!mips!himel (1987-03-23)
Debuggers (1991-08-08)
Re: debuggers (1993-11-11)
debuggers (1993-11-11)
Re: debuggers (1993-11-11)
Re: debuggers sean@PICARD.TAMU.EDU (1993-11-12)
[2 later articles]
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 91 10:19:36 BST

I am currently working on providing some theory for the design and
implementation of Symbolic Debuggers. In my work debuggers work based on
some Structure Operational Semantics of the programming language. The
framework provide the means for the definition of debuggers, the
implementation based on compilation to a target machine, and the proof that
the implementation indeed does what "it was supposed to do". There is still
no implementation of the framework, but I have plans for the future...

I would like to test my ideas on a real debugger, but couldn't find any one
that was suitable (DBX and the likes are not what I mean by suitable). I am
interested on any pointers (literature, reference manuals, implementations)
to high level symbolic debuggers (based on interpretation and/or
compilation), for sequential and/or concurrent languages. It would be
helpful (but not essential) if the debuggers have an implementation which I
could use.

Thanks in advance,

send replies to:

Fabio da Silva

University of Edinburgh JANET:
LFCS - Computer Science Dept. UUCP: ..!mcsun!ukc!lfcs!fabio
JCMB - The King's Buildings ARPA:
Mayfield Road - Edinburgh
EH9 3JZ - Scotland