Code Compaction ?

koopman+@cs.cmu.edu (Philip Koopman)
26 Jul 91 14:14:17 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Code Compaction ? koopman+@cs.cmu.edu (1991-07-26)
Re: Code Compaction ? pardo@june.cs.washington.edu (1991-07-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: koopman+@cs.cmu.edu (Philip Koopman)
Date: 26 Jul 91 14:14:17 GMT

I am looking for references to compiler techniques that significantly
reduce object code size (by a factor of 2 or more). Probably this
would involve looking for common code sequences to group into
subroutines. My library database search came up empty.
The primary application area is memory-limited embedded controllers.

Thanks for any leads, and I'll e-mail results to interested parties.

    Phil Koopman koopman@utrcgw.utc.com
    United Technologies Research Center (203) 727-1624
    411 Silver Lane East Hartford, CT 06108
[The usual techniques are things like threaded code or even byte code
interpreters, at an often large loss of speed. -John]