Porting UPDATE Cray code to Convex and general UNIX machines

Jean-Pierre Malisse <cammejpm@camme.ac.be>
23 Jul 91 11:05:05 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Porting UPDATE Cray code to Convex and general UNIX machines cammejpm@camme.ac.be (Jean-Pierre Malisse) (1991-07-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.fortran,comp.unix.cray
From: Jean-Pierre Malisse <cammejpm@camme.ac.be>
Date: 23 Jul 91 11:05:05 GMT

Hi,

We are busy porting some code from a Cray code running on UNICOS to a Convex
running ConvexOS 9.0.

The original code was using a Cray utility called 'update'. We have developed
an automatic procedure update-like mainly written with 'lex' which transforms
automatically the some BASIC update directives into directives recognized by
common UNIX preprocessors.

Even a Cray user could be interested to use this translation program; in fact
it's a way to translate old-fashioned code into a more portable and
independent way.

But we still have some problem with the final compilation stage, the Cray
code is using asynchronous I/O for which we don't have for the moment any
equivalent on our system.

Does somebody have already translated these kind of routines on a common UNIX
machines? The routines we are trying to find "emulation" are named AQOPEN,
AQWRITE, AQWRITEI, AQWRITEC, AQWRITECI, AQREAD, AQREADI, AQREADC, AQREADCI,
AQWAIT, AQSTAT, AQRIR, AQRECALL, AQSTOP, AQSYNC, AQCLOSE.....? Does somebody
know some libraries I can use ? Is there some general UNIX source code for
these functions ?

If you have already met this problem I would be interested to have contact
with you ?

Thanks for your attention....

Jean-Pierre Malisse (preferred Email address : cammejpm@camme.ac.be)