Re: What does lint do? (Tim McDaniel)
29 May 91 18:39:19 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
What does lint do? (1991-05-28)
Re: What does lint do? (1991-05-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c,
From: (Tim McDaniel)
In-Reply-To:'s message of 28 May 91 22:02:39 GMT
Date: 29 May 91 18:39:19 GMT

In article 91-05-108 (Cameron Laird) writes:

      There are very few lints (maybe only two: the original, and
      Gimpel), and they haven't kept up with such language features as
      function prototypes.

Gimpel Software's FlexeLint is fully ANSI-compatable. It can also handle
most pre-ANSI constructs and semantics. It is an excellent product,
primarily because each message can be individually turned on or off, within
parts of a source file or for particular symbols or files. (Disclaimer: I'm
just a satisfied customer; I have no financial interest in G. S.)

Gimpel Software
3207 Hogarth lane
Collegeville, PA 19426
1 215 584 4261
It can be run on SUNs, VAXen, PCs, et cetera.

Tim McDaniel Applied Dynamics Int'l.; Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Internet: UUCP: {uunet,sharkey}!amara!mcdaniel