re: Optimization papers

johnson@cs.uiuc.edu (Ralph Johnson)
Tue, 14 May 1991 19:41:16 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Optimization papers johnson@cs.uiuc.edu (1991-05-13)
re: Optimization papers johnson@cs.uiuc.edu (1991-05-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: johnson@cs.uiuc.edu (Ralph Johnson)
Date: Tue, 14 May 1991 19:41:16 GMT

I posted a note yesterday advertising electronically available versions of
two papers related to compilers. Several people have noticed that the
address was not complete. I noticed that too, but our news system broke
just as I tried to post an additional message. Moreover, I have not
seen my original message, but it is clear that lots of other people have!

One of the papers is on debugging optimized code, and the other is on
a linear time algorithm for determining whether a register allocator
produces a correct allocation. The papers are available by anonymous
ftp from st.cs.uiuc.edu in /pub/papers, and also available by sending
mail to our archive server at archive-server@st.cs.uiuc.edu that says

path your-name@your-host.etc.domain
send papers/Auditing-Reg-Alloc.ps
send papers/debugging-opt-code.ps

The "path" command is only necessary if the archive server is not
going to be able to figure out your address from your message, but
it is not very sophisticated and so is easily confused. Both files
are Postscript.
[Oops, sorry, I should have caught that. -John]