Re: Intergraph's Green Hills FORTRAN Compiler

jpff@maths.bath.ac.uk (John ffitch)
Mon, 6 May 91 13:38:48 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Re: Intergraph's Green Hills FORTRAN Compiler landers@mabel.uucp (1991-05-03)
Re: Intergraph's Green Hills FORTRAN Compiler jpff@maths.bath.ac.uk (1991-05-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: jpff@maths.bath.ac.uk (John ffitch)
Date: Mon, 6 May 91 13:38:48 GMT

I gave up using the Greenhills C compiler on my Clipper-based machine.
I use the Norcrofy C compiler, which is full ANSI, and the same as
runs on ARM, IBM mainframes, Transputers and other machines. The
Fortran seems to work OK but I have not given it a major work-out.
The C is faster to compile and produces better code. It is hard to be
certain about the Fortran...

==John

I declare an interest; these compilers are developed by Codemist Ltd,
a company of which I am a director. The majority of the systems were
written by Arthur Norman and Alan Mycroft.