Re: fortran compilers for i860?

ssc-vax! (Jeff Carroll)
22 Apr 91 18:59:49 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
fortran compilers for i860? (Simon Brown) (1991-04-18)
Re: fortran compilers for i860? ssc-vax! (1991-04-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: ssc-vax! (Jeff Carroll)
Date: 22 Apr 91 18:59:49 GMT

In article <> Simon Brown <> writes:
>I'm looking at buying some 860 trams, but want to know which Fortran
>compiler to use. Anyone got any feedback/experience of the Greenhills
>and Portland Group compilers (or know of any others ?) ?

Intel's Supercomputer Systems Division dumped Green Hills a few months
ago in favor of the Portland Group compiler, which I am told by people I
trust outperforms any other FORTRAN for the 860.

Disclaimer: I haven't visited our iPSC in a while, and we program our
860 TRAMS in C and Occam.

Jeff Carroll