Compiling For Decoupled Architectures

Al Crawford <>
Thu, 4 Apr 91 16:04:47 BST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiling For Decoupled Architectures (Al Crawford) (1991-04-04)
compiling for decoupled architectures (Graham Jones) (1993-05-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Al Crawford <>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 91 16:04:47 BST

Can anyone point me in the general direction of any papers on compiling
code for decoupled architectures? In a recent personal communication with
Jim Smith at Cray, who's worked on decoupled architectures in the past, he
mentioned that a paper on splitting instruction streams for this purpose
had appeared in Computer Architecture News a few years ago. Unfortunately
he couldn't remember exactly which year or the title of the paper. I've
since browsed all the copies of SIGARCH I can get hold of but without any

Any hints as to where I might find something would be much appreciated.

Al Crawford - INTERNET :