Re: Help... want a summer course on compilation

rbe@yrloc.ipsa.reuter.COM (Robert Bernecky)
Thu, 28 Mar 91 17:38:18 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help... want a summer course on compilation px%fct.unl.pt@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (1991-03-25)
Re: Help... want a summer course on compilation hoelzle@leland.stanford.edu (1991-03-27)
Re: Help... want a summer course on compilation rbe@yrloc.ipsa.reuter.COM (1991-03-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: rbe@yrloc.ipsa.reuter.COM (Robert Bernecky)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 91 17:38:18 GMT

In article <9103251838.AA01606@host.fct.unl.pt> px%fct.unl.pt@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Joaquim Baptista [pxQuim]) writes:
>[Want info on courses on] compilation of dynamic object-oriented languages,
>or logic approaches to the same.

Stanford University's Dept. of Computer Science runs a "Western Institute
in Computer Science" each summer. I attended one week of a two week
course in Compiler Construction/Programming Language Translation, Code
generation and Optimization, taught by Graham, Hennessy, and Ullman.
It was excellent! I want to go back and pick up the other half of the course.

The compiler course is $1225 per week, but if you take both halves,
it's only $2200usd. (July 29-August 9). If you don't register within 21
days in advance, the cost goes up to $2650!

They have a number of other courses as well, but nothing specific that I could
see on compilers for object-oriented languages.

Call or write:

Joleen Barnhill, Program Manager
WICS
PO box 1238, Magalia, California 95954

Phone (916) 873-0575

I hope this helps you out... Bob

Robert Bernecky rbe@yrloc.ipsa.reuter.com bernecky@itrchq.itrc.on.ca
Snake Island Research Inc (416) 368-6944 FAX: (416) 360-4694
18 Fifth Street, Ward's Island, Toronto, Ontario M5J 2B9, Canada