Need Common Lisp-compatible transcendental functions (Per Bothner)
27 Mar 91 22:15:33 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need Common Lisp-compatible transcendental functions (1991-03-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp,comp.compilers
From: (Per Bothner)
Date: 27 Mar 91 22:15:33 GMT

I'm implementing a run-time system for Lisp-like languages in C++, and I
need Common Lisp-compatible transcendental functions: sin, cos, log, etc
for complex arguments. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone have suggestions for how to treat infinities? My model
is that: +Infinity == +1/0 and -Infinity == -1/0. Is this reasonable? How
about complex numbers? Any references to designs worked out by someone
with a strong math background?

My system contains GNU code, so I need code that is compatible
with the GNU license. (Kcl isn't.)

I will summarize mail.

--Per Bothner Computer Sciences Dept, U. of Wisconsin-Madison
[F2C has C code for the entire Fortran library and is subject to a very loose
Berkeley-style license. -John]