compiler technology? (Andrew Ginter)
Tue, 26 Mar 91 16:17:15 MST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
compiler technology? (1991-03-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Andrew Ginter)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 91 16:17:15 MST

I'm trying to get an idea of who is out there selling (or giving away)
C compiler technology.

* I already know about the "obvious" ones (AT&T and OSF).

* I've heard of the "Amsterdam Compiler Constructor Kit"; does anyone
    know how to get in touch with them?

* Who else is out there that's delivering a development system
    including (preferably) a front end, machine independent optimizer,
    debugger, standard libraries and a code emitter skeleton?

Please reply by email. I will summarize and reply to anyone who asks
(by email please). If there is enough interest, I will post the
summary to this group.

Andrew Ginter, 403-220-6320,
[The GNU software set has everything except the library, and they're
apparently working on that. For info on ACK there's a very informating
message in the archives from August 1990. -John]