Help... want a summer course on compilation

px%fct.unl.pt@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Joaquim Baptista [pxQuim])
Mon, 25 Mar 91 19:38:35 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help... want a summer course on compilation px%fct.unl.pt@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (1991-03-25)
Re: Help... want a summer course on compilation hoelzle@leland.stanford.edu (1991-03-27)
Re: Help... want a summer course on compilation rbe@yrloc.ipsa.reuter.COM (1991-03-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: px%fct.unl.pt@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Joaquim Baptista [pxQuim])
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 91 19:38:35 +0100

Greetings,

I would like to attend a summer course on compilation, specifically,
compilation of dynamic object-oriented languages, or logic approaches
to the same.

I'm working in producing an object oriented system with a logic
approach, and see what good comes out of it.

I heard that Stanford, the designers and implementors of SELF, have
regular Summer courses. I've read the "SELF collection" and, generally
speaking, I like their approach, and ever better, their compilers.
However, I was unnable to track down these courses. I found no
announcements, no publicity. I must admit that I'm not sure of where
to look. Our faculty is not very strong in compilation, so there is
nobody who can help me.

Any info that you might have on this topic is welcome, whether it's
a contact person, a magazine to search, or whatever.

Thanks in advance,

--------

Joaquim Manuel Soares Baptista

email: px@fct.unl.pt px@unl.uucp px@fctunl.rccn.pt (old)
Fax & Sound: +351-1- 295 4461
Snail: CRIA - Uninova, Fac. de Ciencias e Tecnologia
              Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2825 Monte de Caparica
              PORTUGAL