Parsing one sentence at a time (Peter Garst)
Mon, 18 Mar 91 11:18:42 PST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Parsing one sentence at a time (1991-03-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Peter Garst)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 11:18:42 PST

Thomas Vaught asks:

> Is there a way in which I can use yacc to parse a grammar
> one sentence, a production which makes up a sentence, at a time?

Our product, ydb, is a 100% backward compatible upgrade to yacc which
does this, among other things. You can call return from any action,
and continue the parse by calling yyparse() again. For example, we
did a C preprocessor this way; each time you call yyparse() it returns
one token in the input stream.

Peter Garst
P.O. Box 390018, Mountain View CA 94039 USA