A SPARC architecture manual.

salomon@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Dan Salomon)
Thu, 14 Mar 91 03:13:22 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
A SPARC architecture manual. salomon@ccu.umanitoba.ca (1991-03-14)
Re: A SPARC architecture manual. dali!ken@gatech.edu (1991-03-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.arch
From: salomon@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Dan Salomon)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 91 03:13:22 GMT

I teach a compiler course in which the student's projects generate
SPARC code. To generate correct SPARC code the students need a
description of the SPARC architecture. We have been using the SUN
manual 800-1399-08 "The SPARC Architecture Manual".

The peculiar thing is that this manual is out of print. Every
year I get permission from SUN to photocopy my dog-eared copy
for the students.

Does anyone know what is going on with this manual?
Is there some replacement that I and my SUN sales rep. are unaware of?
Isn't the SPARC supposed to be an open architecture with a standard
description somewhere?

--

Dan Salomon -- salomon@ccu.UManitoba.CA
                              Dept. of Computer Science / University of Manitoba