Questions about Yacc (YYMAXDEPTH)

srini@synopsys.Synopsys.COM (Srinivas Raghvendra)
5 Mar 91 04:43:23 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Questions about Yacc (YYMAXDEPTH) srini@synopsys.Synopsys.COM (1991-03-05)
Re: Questions about Yacc (YYMAXDEPTH) (1991-03-07)
Re: Questions about Yacc (YYMAXDEPTH) (1991-03-08)
Re: Questions about Yacc (YYMAXDEPTH) (Kathy Harris) (1991-03-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: srini@synopsys.Synopsys.COM (Srinivas Raghvendra)
Date: 5 Mar 91 04:43:23 GMT

This is a question about the standard Yacc tool distributed with Unix.

I notice that Yacc uses a #define named YYMAXDEPTH and that this value has
been set at 150.
(1) I notice that even for moderately nested constructs, this seems
insufficient. (I get a Yacc stack overflow). Has anybody else faced
the same problem ?
(2) If the answer to (1) is Yes, what is a reasonable value for

Srinivas Raghvendra, Synopsys, Inc., Mountain View, CA