Bourne shell script compiler?

cek@wsc-sun.boeing.com (Conrad Kimball)
22 Feb 91 20:22:15 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Bourne shell script compiler? cek@wsc-sun.boeing.com (1991-02-22)
Re: Bourne shell script compiler? henry@zoo.toronto.edu (1991-02-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: cek@wsc-sun.boeing.com (Conrad Kimball)
Date: 22 Feb 91 20:22:15 GMT

I'm looking for a Bourne shell script compiler - that is, a compiler that
accepts a Bourne shell (sh) script as input and produces C code as output.
I have a vague recollection that such things exist, but can someone point
me to them? I'm working with Sun equipment, though I'm open to stuff that
hasn't been ported to Sun but that DOES have source code that I could use
to do my own port. PD is preferable to commercial products.

--
Conrad Kimball Boeing Computer Services (206) 865-6410
Email: cek@wsc-sun.boeing.com or cek%wsc-sun@atc.boeing.com