Yes, there will be a book

John R. Levine <johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us>
Fri, 11 Jan 91 15:10:14 EST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Yes, there will be a book johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) (1991-01-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: John R. Levine <johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 91 15:10:14 EST

I've now gotten 35 expressions of interest in a printed version of
comp.compilers, so here's the plan:

    -- 1990 volume first, maybe other volumes later
    -- messages arranged by topic, permuted topic index and separate indices
          by keyword and author
    -- Lightly edited to remove reduntant header and trailer lines and to add
          subjects to messages that slipped through without one.
    -- Probably printed in 8 point type in two columns on 8.5x11 paper, which
          appears to be the most inexpensive size for small press runs.
    -- Printed volume will be copyrighted, although all articles remain either
          P.D. or freely redistributable.
    -- Priced to recover costs, probably around $50, plus mailing if outside
          the USA. I may have to charge sales tax to Massachusetts addresses.
          Terms will be cash in advance, we volunteers aren't set up to handle
          purchase orders and invoicing.

I expect to have it ready around the beginning of February at which time I'll
tell you the exact price and where to send the check. You don't have to write
before that, I'm already working on it.
--
Regards,
John Levine, comp.compilers moderator