ANSI C 68020 cross compiler

motcid!ogasawar@uunet.UU.NET (Lance R. Ogasawara)
23 Oct 90 00:02:41 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ANSI C 68020 cross compiler motcid!ogasawar@uunet.UU.NET (1990-10-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.sys.sun
From: motcid!ogasawar@uunet.UU.NET (Lance R. Ogasawara)
Date: 23 Oct 90 00:02:41 GMT

I am looking for a 68020 C cross compiler that is ANSI compatible and
generates COFF output. I have looked at the GNU COFF encapsulation capability
but from what I can tell it is not close enough to true COFF to be useful to
the project I am working on.

If AT&T's SGS compiler is going to be ANSI compatible in the near future that
would be ideal. I believe the Apollo C compiler is (or is planing to be) ANSI
compatible and also produces COFF output. Does anyone know if they sell
their compiler as a stand alone package?

If anyone knows of other compilers meeting these requirements I would
appreciate any information about them. Thanks in advance for any info.

Lance Ogasawara
(708)632-7047

P.S.: I forgot to mention that I would be running this compiler in a SUN3
environment.
[I understand that the SVR4 compiler is ANSI. -John]