Lint for Ada

kalita@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Jugal Kolita)
1 Oct 90 20:20:53 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Lint for Ada kalita@linc.cis.upenn.edu (1990-10-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: kalita@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Jugal Kolita)
Date: 1 Oct 90 20:20:53 GMT

A friend of mine is writing a Lint program for Ada for a project. It is
going to be very much like the Lint program for C. It catches errors for
ADA which the compiler does not. Now, are there any other Lint-ike checkers
for any other languages curently in use or under development? If there is
any other such language checkers, I will appreciate letting me know the
references. My friend does not have access to this newsgroup and hence I am
posting this message for him. Please send me your replies. I will forward
them to my friend.

Thanks very much!

Jugal Kolita
[I thought that Ada's strong typing was supposed to catch most of the
lint-ish errors already. -John]