Additions for bibliography on Debugging Optimized Code

Lyle Cool <lyle@cse.ogi.edu>
Wed, 22 Aug 90 05:19:09 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Additions for bibliography on Debugging Optimized Code lyle@cse.ogi.edu (Lyle Cool) (1990-08-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Lyle Cool <lyle@cse.ogi.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 90 05:19:09 GMT

Here are five additions to the bibliography I recently posted on the
subject of Debugging Optimized Code:

Lew, A., "On Interconnections Between Optimization and Debugging",
Proceedings of the Seventh Hawaii International Conference on Systems
Sciences, pp. 164-166, Jan. 1974.

Warren, Jr., H. S. and Schlaeppi, H. P., "Design of the FDS interactive
debugging system", IBM Research Report RC7214, (IBM Yorktown Heights),
July 1978.

Wall, D., Srivastava, A., Templin, R., "A note on Hennesy's 'Symbolic
Debugging of Optimized Code'", ACM Transactions on Programming Languages
and Systems, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 176-181, Jan. 1985.

Pollock, L. L. and Soffa, M. L., "High-Level Debugging with the Aid of an
Incremental Optimizer", Proceedings of the Twenty-First Annual Hawaii
International Conference on Systems Sciences, Vol. II, pp. 524-532, Jan. 1988.

Copperman, M., "Source-Level Debugging of Optimized Code: Detecting Unexpected
Data Values", Master's Thesis UCSC-CRL-90-23, University of
California -- Santa Cruz, May 1990.

My thanks to everyone who helped me out on this.

p.s. If you missed the first installment of the bibliography, I will be happy
to send it to you.

Lyle Cool

Oregon Graduate Institute

lyle@cse.ogi.edu