Re: YACC for Pascal?

catone@kings.wharton.upenn.edu (Tony Catone)
27 Mar 90 17:31:38 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
YACC for Pascal? jamiet@pawl.rpi.edu (1990-03-25)
Re: YACC for Pascal? catone@kings.wharton.upenn.edu (1990-03-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Mar 90 17:31:38 GMT
From: catone@kings.wharton.upenn.edu (Tony Catone)

In article <1990Mar25.214526.2012@esegue.segue.boston.ma.us>
jamiet@pawl.rpi.edu (James V. Tedeschi) writes:
> I am trying to help out a friend who has no net access... Has there
>been any information on YACCable grammars for Pascal, or even a LEX grammar?
>Any code of information on textbooks, ftp sites, etc would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>[This question has come up from time to time but I've never seen an answer.
>-John]

This is not correct. Rich Salz pointed out on Wed, May 20, 1987 that:

    There is one available in Volume4 of the comp.sources.unix (nee'
    mod.sources) archives. It is by Arnold Robbins, and includes Yacc and Lex
    sources for ISO standard Pascal.

I have the sources if anyone can't reach one of the archive sites (these are
listed in the comp.sources.unix intro messages). The sources are not perfect,
but do give you a starting place.

- Tony
    catone@kings.wharton.upenn.edu
    catone@dsl.cis.upenn.edu