Re: Compiler with adjustable parsers

Charles Fineman <fineman@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Mon, 5 Mar 90 16:42:29 PST

          From comp.compilers

Re: Compiler with adjustable parsers arnold@audiofax.com (Arnold Robbins) (1990-03-01)
Re: Compiler with adjustable parsers steve@hubcap.clemson.edu (1990-03-01)
Re: Compiler with adjustable parsers dhw@itivax.iti.org (1990-03-02)
Re: Compiler with adjustable parsers pgl@cup.portal.com (1990-03-15)
Re: Compiler with adjustable parsers ipser@vaxa.isi.edu (Ed Ipser) (1990-03-03)
Re: Compiler with adjustable parsers PIRINEN@CC.HELSINKI.FI (Pekka P. Pirinen) (1990-03-03)
Re: Compiler with adjustable parsers fineman@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov (Charles Fineman) (1990-03-05)
Re: Compiler with adjustable parsers webber@athos.rutgers.edu (1990-03-07)
Re: Compiler with adjustable parsers aarons@cogs.sussex.ac.uk (Aaron Sloman) (1990-03-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Mon, 5 Mar 90 16:42:29 PST
From: Charles Fineman <fineman@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>

I believe the Common Lisp specification allows the user to modify the
scanner. I'm not real familiar with just how one does this, but a
friend once told me that it's possible to this. I don't know if it can
be made to be context sensitive or not but I'm sure it's all in the
Aluminum bible (Steele that is)... (a quick peek tells me that there is
a section in the spec about this).

Something y'all might find amusing. I had a few friends who were in on the
initial development of Common Lisp at CMU. It seems they were all siting
around at a lunch meeting one day debating a point crucial to any successful
project: What do we name this beast? Well, one guy came up with the great idea
to call it "Apocalisp: the LISP to end all LISPs". Unfortunately, DARPA wasn't
as receptive so they went with something a little more benign. Well, that's
it, class dismissed.

Chuck Fineman