Re: Reference wanted for post-Dragon Book issues

kai@ifi.uio.no (Kai Ivo Quale)
2 Mar 90 13:23:26 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Reference wanted for post-Dragon Book issues paullu@cs.UAlberta.CA (1990-02-20)
Re: Reference wanted for post-Dragon Book issues kai@ifi.uio.no (1990-03-02)
Re: Reference wanted for post-Dragon Book issues moss@cs.umass.edu (1990-03-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: kai@ifi.uio.no (Kai Ivo Quale)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 2 Mar 90 13:23:26 GMT

In article <1990Feb20.053637.2264@esegue.segue.boston.ma.us>,
paullu@cs.UAlberta.CA (Paul Lu) writes:
> The Dragon Book (Aho/Sethi/Ullman's compiler book) is often
> recognized as an excellent reference on compiler writing.
>
> Are there other such texts, good survey articles or books
> on issue not covered (or not in detail) in the Dragon Book?
>
> [...]

I am writing a thesis that involves implementing a code generator and runtime
system for a language strongly resembling OBJ. I would be very interested in
texts concerning

* code generation,
* runtime systems,
* memory management and
* compilation of applicative languages like Lisp, OBJ etc.

Suggestions, anyone ?

Kai Quale