interactive environments

vinoski@apollo.com (Stephen Vinoski)
Wed, 25 Oct 89 17:13:20 EDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
interactive environments vinoski@apollo.com (1989-10-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: vinoski@apollo.com (Stephen Vinoski)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 89 17:13:20 EDT

    Can anyone point me to some good references on implementing interactive
Pascal or C (or subsets thereof) environments? I'm not interested in program
debugging environments; I would like to implement an interactive environment
without inventing an ad-hoc command language. I'd like to use a subset of
Pascal or C so that command scripts could be easily (maybe automatically)
converted to real programs when completed, and because many of the users are
quite familiar with these languages and they don't want to learn new ones.

thanks,
-steve