Compilation of Sympal

yariva@math.tau.ac.il

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compilation of Sympal yariva@math.tau.ac.il (1989-08-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: yariva@math.tau.ac.il
Comments: If you have trouble reaching this host as math.tau.ac.il Please use the old address: user@taurus.bitnet

My name is Yariv Aridor and I'm a Phd student in TEL-AVIV university (Israel).
My main subject : PARALLEL COMPILATION of PARALLEL FUNCTIONAL LANGUAGES.

    We defined a Lisp-type parallel language (side-effect free) called SYMPAL
(SYMbolic PArallel Language) and wrote an interpreter, run-time system and
an optimizing compiler. (developed all on a uniprocessor)
    These days we are working on moving all the system to a parallel
memory-shared machine (some National processors that were connected together)

    I'm looking of papers concerning support of MEMORY MANAGMENT an/or
LOAD-BALANCING. Most of the papers I know of, deal with these issues only
during run-time. I would like to read about ways a compilation can help the
run-time by (for example) using useful information generated from analysis of
the code.
Works done on memory managment for sequential languages might also be usefull.

Thanks.
Yariv.
        yariva@math.tau.ac.il OR yariva@taurus.bitnet

Paper mail address (I prefer my private address) :
        Yariv Aridor, 3 Pasternak st., Ramat-Aviv, Tel-Aviv 69205, Israel.