Lalr parser generators in Modula-2

Phil Calvin <pcalvin@trillium.waterloo.edu>
Wed, 5 Jul 89 09:30:56 EDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Lalr parser generators in Modula-2 pcalvin@trillium.waterloo.edu (Phil Calvin) (1989-07-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Wed, 5 Jul 89 09:30:56 EDT
From: Phil Calvin <pcalvin@trillium.waterloo.edu>

  Awhile back I saw a posting for an LALR parser generator written in
modula-2. The sources were to appear in comp.sources.unix, but I have not
seen them. Did I miss them, and if so, does anyone know where I could
obtain the sources (+ any documentation) now? I believe the article was
posted along with promises of a better(faster) LEX type generator and an LL
parser generator.

  As an alternative, is the source code for YACC gernerally available? (No
flames if this is an inane question) [No, it's AT&T licensed code. The source
for Bison, the GNU equivalent, is available all over the place. -John]

....Phil (pcalvin@trillium.waterloo.edu)

University of Waterloo
Computer Science Class of 1993 (A long time from now...)