Translating Pascal to C

chrism@mtuxo.att.com (XMRJ4-C.MCCABE)
27 May 89 01:08:12 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Translating Pascal to C chrism@mtuxo.att.com (1989-05-27)
Re: Translating Pascal to C schwartz@shire.cs.psu.edu (1989-06-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: chrism@mtuxo.att.com (XMRJ4-C.MCCABE)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 May 89 01:08:12 GMT

Does anybody know where I can locate any good books on
how to create language translation utility programs? In particular,
I'm going to create a Pascal-to-C utility program, and am having
some trouble locating books in this area. Any advice would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

[I've never seen anything in depth on this sort of thing. My experience is
that source-to-source translators are if anything more difficult than regular
compilers, both because there are things that are easy to say in Pascal that
are hard to say in C, e.g. nested scopes, and because in a translator you want
the output to be readable by humans as well as by computers. -John]
[From chrism@mtuxo.att.com (XMRJ4-C.MCCABE)]