Re: Encrypted source as an ANDF (Amos Shapir)
20 May 89 13:51:48 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Encrypted source as an ANDF (1989-05-16)
Re: Encrypted source as an ANDF (1989-05-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Amos Shapir)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 May 89 13:51:48 GMT
Hdate: 15 Iyar 5749

In article <> you write:
>A more extreme form of the shrouded source code idea (which I have not
>seen in practice) would be to write the software in a relatively high
>level language (Ada, Lisp, and Algol come to mind) and have it be
>translated into C. Only the original developer would have the
>efficiency of working in the higher level language, even if the C were

I have heard an urban legend that before the days of ADA, any project
for the DoD should have been provided with source code in either FORTRAN
or assembler; contractors used to program in PASCAL or another HLL,
use the compiler to generated assembly code, and deliver that to the DoD.
Amos Shapir
National Semiconductor (Israel) P.O.B. 3007, Herzlia 46104, Israel
Tel. +972 52 522261 TWX: 33691, fax: +972-52-558322
34 48 E / 32 10 N (My other cpu is a NS32532)