Searching for an IDL Processor

rmp@inducer.lanl.gov (Rob Pecherer)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Searching for an IDL Processor rmp@inducer.lanl.gov (1989-05-15)
Re: Searching for an IDL Processor uucibg@sw1e.swbt.com (1989-05-04)
Re: Searching for an IDL Processor dalamb@qucis.queensu.CA (1989-05-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroup: comp.compilers
From: rmp@inducer.lanl.gov (Rob Pecherer)

The Center for Human Genome Studies, Los Alamos National Laboratory
is trying to locate/acquire the C source for an Interface Description
Language (IDL) Processor. IDL was developed by David Lamb at Carnegie-
Mellon in 1983 under Mary Shaw and William Wulf. An IDL Processor
incorporates the principles of the IDL into a tool for describing the
data structures that are passed between software modules: It overcomes
many engineering problems when the interface requirements and specifications
are changing. Having personally used an implementation (which cannot
be obtained), I can attest to the fact it is a powerful prototyping tool.

Can anybody help? We need the C source. As an alternative, if anyone
knows where David Lamb is, that would probably lead us to it. (Are you
out there David?)

Respond by phone (505-665-1970) or email(rmp@inducer.lanl.gov).
Thanks.

Rob Pecherer