scanner generators

Julie Ann Barnes <jbarnes@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Wed, 12 Apr 89 14:10:55 EDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
scanner generators jbarnes@cis.ohio-state.edu (Julie Ann Barnes) (1989-04-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 89 14:10:55 EDT
From: Julie Ann Barnes <jbarnes@cis.ohio-state.edu>

There was a discussion in comp.compilers concerning alternatives to Lex in
February. I am currently investigating lexical analyzer generators
and have tracked down many of the articles cited in the discussion.
Thank you, one and all.

I now would like to learn of any other scanner generators. I am not
as concerned with performance issues as the previous discussion was.
Also, I could use some pointers to information about LexAGen and Rex.
They were mentioned in the discussion, but I do not recall seeing
references on them.

Thank you,

Julie A. Barnes Department of Computer and Information Science
jbarnes@cis.ohio-state.edu The Ohio State University
2036 Neil Ave.
Columbus, OH USA 43210-1277