Re: I-langs for optimization (Steve Stevenson)
17 Jan 89 21:30:15 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
I-langs for optimization (1989-01-13)
Re: I-langs for optimization (1989-01-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Steve Stevenson)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Jan 89 21:30:15 GMT

> What `level' of intermediate language is best for optimization?

We have been doing some work here with vectorization and languages which are
oriented to scientific programming. We so far find that the necessity to deal
with idioms sets the level. That is, if the level is too low, the
optimizations are hard to find; if to high, one gets a copy of the original
input. Contact Abbas Youssefi ( ) for the latest
in our war stories.

Steve (really "D. E.") Stevenson
Department of Computer Science, (803)656-5880.mabell
Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634-1906