Pascal Yacc and Lex

Tim Budd <budd@mist.CS.ORST.EDU>
Wed, 21 Sep 88 13:30:36 pdt

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Pascal Yacc and Lex budd@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Tim Budd) (1988-09-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 88 13:30:36 pdt
From: Tim Budd <budd@mist.CS.ORST.EDU>

Several years ago Mike Clancy gave me the sources to a couple of pascal
programs called ``aardvark'' and ``llama''. These are functionally
similar to Lex and Yacc, respectively, although their input format is
vastly different. I'm not sure about the PD status of these programs,
but a comment at the beginning lists the following attribution:

** Any queries should be addressed to:-
**
** Ken Robinson
** Department of Computer Science,
** School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science,
** University of NSW,
** P. O. Box 1,
** Kensington, NSW 2033
** Australia

They claim to both be and produce standard Pascal, and I did get them to
compile under BSD with no problem. However I never did use them for
anything, deciding in the end that it was easier
for our students to learn C than for me to learn a new compiler-compiler.

--tim budd, oregon state university