Instruction Execution Timings for MicroVAX II needed.

soi!alex@husc6.harvard.edu (Alex Zatsman)
11 Jul 88 14:14:06 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Instruction Execution Timings for MicroVAX II needed. soi!alex@husc6.harvard.edu (1988-07-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: soi!alex@husc6.harvard.edu (Alex Zatsman)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.sys.dec,comp.arch
Date: 11 Jul 88 14:14:06 GMT

I need instruction execution timing for MicroVAX II . I have
failed to get any from DEC. It seems that most manufactures
(Motorola being a nice exception) don't publish data of this
kind.

I need something like the tables in M68000 and M68020 user's
manual (Appendix D and Section 9 respectively), which contain
number of cycles each instruction takes to execute and similar
timing for memory access for various Addressing Modes. My hope is
that somebody out there might have succeeded in getting it from
DEC, or, maybe, ran some benchmarks to determine the timings. I
would appreciate any help I could get.

I suspect that there aren't many people interested in this
things, so it would be better to e-mail the information to me in-
stead of posting it on the net.

Thank you.
Alex Zatsman, Software Options, Cambridge, MA 02138
[Good luck -- DEC has been reluctant to publsh such numbers. -John]
[From soi!alex@husc6.harvard.edu (Alex Zatsman)]