Re: Interprocedural Optimizations Question

midkiff@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (Sam Midkiff)
Fri, 13 May 88 11:24:57 CDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Re: Interprocedural Optimizations Question midkiff@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (1988-05-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Fri, 13 May 88 11:24:57 CDT
From: midkiff@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (Sam Midkiff)

Fran Allen's group at IBM Yorktown (T.J. Watson Res. Ctr.) have done work
in this area. The person reqesting the information should contact them
for a list of tech reports in the area.

Rummaging through some biblio files at CSRD, the University of Illinois,
I came across these references:

%A Christopher Alan Huson
%T An In-Line Subroutine Expander for Parafrase
%I Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Dept. of Computer Sci.
%R Rpt. No. 82-1118
%D Dec., 1982

%A R. Triolet
%A F. Irigoin
%A P. Feautrier
%T Direct Parallelization of Call Statements
%J Proc. of the SIGPLAN 86 Symp. on Compiler Construction, SIGPLAN No. 21
%P 176-185
%D July, 1986

%A Remi Triolet
%A Paul Feautrier
%A Francois Irigoin
%T Automatic Parallelizations of Fortran Programs in the Presence of Procedure Calls
%J To appear: European Symposium on Programming Languages
%D 1986

%A Remi Triolet
%T Interprocedural Analysis for Program Restructuring with Parafrase
%I Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Center for Supercomputing Res. & Dev.
%R CSRD Rpt. No. 538
%D Aug., 1986

%A Zhiyuan Li
%A Pen-Chung Yew
%T Interprocedural Analysis and Program Restructuring for Parallel Programs
%I Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Center for Supercomputing Res. & Dev.
%R CSRD Report No. 720

%A Zhiyuan Li
%A Pen-Chung Yew
%T Interprocedural Analysis for Parallel Programs
%J To appear in Proc. of 1988 Int'l. Conf. on Parallel Processing, St. Charles, IL
%D August 1988

Mr. Harrison's PhD Thesis, which will cover the same area as the following,
will be out in a few months. Many of the techniques covered are not limited
to Lisp.

%A W. L. Harrison
%T Compiling LISP for Evaluation on a Tightly Coupled Multiprocessor
%I Center for Supercomputing Res. & Dev., Univ. of Ill. at U-C
%R Rpt. No. 565
%D Mar., 1986
[From midkiff@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (Sam Midkiff)]