Pascal compiler wanted for 3b1 -- specs included

erict@flatline.uucp (eric townsend)
2 May 88 02:53:57 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Pascal compiler wanted for 3b1 -- specs included erict@flatline.uucp (1988-05-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: erict@flatline.uucp (eric townsend)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.pascal,comp.compilers
Date: 2 May 88 02:53:57 GMT

I'm looking for a pascal compiler for the 3b1 under Unix Sys 5 ver3.0 that
is compatible (as much as possible) with the following standard:

VAX Pascal (3.6), which is compatible with:

PASCAL [ISO 7185-1983(E)]
ANSI/IEEE770X3.97-1983

Alan Pfeiffer-Traum @ University of Houston (pfeiffer-traum@oak.uh.edu)
told me that this version of Vax-Pascal "contains extensions to the
standards." [Of course it does; Pascal isn't very useful otherwise. -John]

I'd prefer a pd compiler that is roughly compatible with the above --
sans VAX extensions, of course. Not knowing too much about pascal
at this point (I need the compier so I can start learning it) I
hope I've given enough relevant info. If not, flame me in email, please,
:-), and I'll rewrite my specs.
thx
--
J. Eric Townsend ->uunet!nuchat!flatline!erict smail:511Parker#2,Hstn,Tx,77007