LEX behaviour when given "large" automata.

phs@lifia.imag.fr (Philippe Schnoebelen)
3 Mar 88 17:48:52 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
LEX behaviour when given "large" automata. phs@lifia.imag.fr (1988-03-03)
Re: LEX behaviour when given "large" automata. rsalz@BBN.COM (Rich Salz) (1988-03-18)
Re: LEX behaviour when given "large" automata. chris@mimsy.UUCP (1988-03-20)
Re: LEX behaviour when given "large" automata. lbl-helios!vern@lbl-rtsg.arpa (Vern Paxson) (1988-03-18)
Re: LEX behaviour when given "large" automata. sargas.usc.edu!tli@oberon.usc.edu (1988-03-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c,comp.unix.questions
Date: 3 Mar 88 17:48:52 GMT
From: phs@lifia.imag.fr (Philippe Schnoebelen)

      I'm having some problems with LEX. When my number of keywords/regexps is
growing, the lexical analyzer begins to give strange, unexpected, (let's
face it, wrong) results. This is very annoying because I did not get any
warning message about my lexical specification being too large. Now, maybe
LEX is okay and I'm just blaming it for my weird errors, but you know how
it is easy to find a suspect when you're no C wizard :-)

    Is there anybody who knows something about the behaviour of LEX in such
situations, and who could explain how to interpret, avoid, solve the
problem ? (A first solution would be to get some warning message...)

      Much thanks in advance.
--
Philippe SCHNOEBELEN, Best: phs@lifia.imag.fr
LIFIA - INPG,