Re: error recovery in yacc

...mcvax!ukc!warwick!julia
4 Sep 87 11:12:21 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
error recovery in yacc sbiswas@cse.iitk.ac.in (Shiladitya Biswas mt cse) (2003-01-12)
error recovery in yacc mcvax!tut.fi!jh@seismo.CSS.GOV (1987-08-17)
error recovery in yacc gupta%cs.unc.edu@RELAY.CS.NET (Gopal Gupta) (1987-08-18)
Re: error recovery in yacc harvard!seismo!sun!academ!nuchat!steve (1987-09-04)
Re: error recovery in yacc ...mcvax!ukc!warwick!julia (1987-09-04)
Error Recovery in Yacc vke@netgen.com (Vicki Tardif) (1995-08-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: 4 Sep 87 11:12:21 GMT
From: ...mcvax!ukc!warwick!julia

The version of yacc with improved error handling that juha mentioned
is still available, to anyone with a UNIX (System V and bsd 4.1 or more)
source license.
A student here at Warwick, Nick Holloway, and I have been working
on a scheme to produce error messages using the compiler source input
rather than grammar names, automatically: i.e. if you use LEX and
YACC (new versions) to build your translator you automatically get
it to produce error messages like this:
ex.c, line 15: syntax error
while ((ch = getchar()) != EOF {
) inserted.
We've used it to build the portable C compiler and awk. I'm writing it up
now but if anyone wants to try out these new tools meanwhile, get in touch
with me.
--
Julia Dain Tel: 0203-523363
Dept of Computer Science uucp: ...mcvax!ukc!warwick!julia