Concurrent Programming Languages

Jennifer Steiner <harvard!seismo!mcvax!jennifer>
Wed, 22 Oct 86 11:34:29 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Concurrent Programming Languages harvard!seismo!mcvax!jennifer (Jennifer Steiner) (1986-10-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: mod.compilers
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 86 11:34:29 +0100
From: Jennifer Steiner <harvard!seismo!mcvax!jennifer>

Wanted: information on concurrent programming languages

I'm interested in languages which support, either implicitly or
explicitly, concurrent programming on either distributed systems
(i.e. computers connected by a network) or multiprocessors.
I'm only interested in languages which have been or are being
implemented. Examples of the type of language I mean are:

Concurrent C [Bell Labs]
SR [U. Arizona]
Pascal-m [Queen Mary College]

Any references to papers in the literature describing work being
done in this area, or other pointers, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jennifer Steiner
The Amoeba Project
jennifer@mcvax.uucp {...!seismo!mcvax!jennifer}