Re: [ANN] RE/flex 0.9.18 - a Flex-like lexical analyzer generator for C++

=?UTF-8?B?QyBCZXJnc3Ryw7Zt?= <cbergstrom@pathscale.com>
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 18:03:04 +0800

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[ANN] RE/flex 0.9.18 - a Flex-like lexical analyzer generator for C++ ravengelen@gmail.com (Robert van Engelen) (2017-03-27)
Re: [ANN] RE/flex 0.9.18 - a Flex-like lexical analyzer generator for cbergstrom@pathscale.com (=?UTF-8?B?QyBCZXJnc3Ryw7Zt?=) (2017-03-28)
Re: [ANN] RE/flex 0.9.18 - a Flex-like lexical analyzer generator for 336-986-7787@kylheku.com (Kaz Kylheku) (2017-03-28)
Re: [ANN] RE/flex 0.9.18 - a Flex-like lexical analyzer generator for DrDiettrich1@netscape.net (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2017-03-29)
Re: [ANN] RE/flex 0.9.18 - a Flex-like lexical analyzer generator for 336-986-7787@kylheku.com (Kaz Kylheku) (2017-03-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: =?UTF-8?B?QyBCZXJnc3Ryw7Zt?= <cbergstrom@pathscale.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 18:03:04 +0800
Posted-Date: 28 Mar 2017 11:49:49 EDT

Cool!

Is this meant as a flex drop-in replacement? iirc (we) PathScale have
sent patches to upstream Flex before and I don't remember if they were
responsive or not. If you are 1:1 compatible, have you tried to
replace the system flex and rebuild world or how extensively has this
been validated? You may find the BSD community to be interested and
empathetic if it can help them.

Further, if you are willing to dirty your hands and trash talk a bit -
maybe get the main editor from Phoronix to help you promote it.
Anything that resembles tabloid click-bait like news is always of
interest over there :D

Cheers,

./C