Re: HOPL (History of Programming Languages)

Bugmagnet <bugmagnet@outlook.com>
Wed, 16 Nov 2016 23:15:53 +0800

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
HOPL (History of Programming Languages) bugmagnet@outlook.com (Bugmagnet) (2016-11-14)
Re: HOPL (History of Programming Languages) bugmagnet@outlook.com (Bugmagnet) (2016-11-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Bugmagnet <bugmagnet@outlook.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 23:15:53 +0800
Posted-Date: 20 Nov 2016 15:38:11 EST

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 23:33:30 +0800
Bugmagnet <bugmagnet@outlook.com> wrote:

> As many of you are aware, HOPL has been revived. Instead of being at
> <http://hopl.murdoch.edu.au/> it is now at <http://hopl.info>. It also
> has a presence at
> <https://www.facebook.com/HistoryOfProgrammingLanguages/>.

Also we are actively seeking further acquisitions. I have written
directly to a number of language authors, however I'm quite likely to
miss many. Therefore, could language authors please check hopl.info and
write to hopl DOT acquisitions AT gmail DOT com with new material or
with updates to existing material.

In both cases please respond according to the following headings (see
the entries for AmbientTalk etc at
https://www.facebook.com/HistoryOfProgrammingLanguages/ as an example)

* Required
Email address *

Name of language *

Name/s of designer/s, developer/s *

Email address of submitter *

Country of origin *
The country in which the language was developed

Main website for language *

Year language development began *

Year language published *
The year the language was made publicly available for use

Known influences on language design *

What other languages influenced the development of this language

Description of language *

Peer-reviewed publications (journals or conference papers)

On-line documentation link/s

Historical notes

Other notes of interest related to language development, contact with
other developers etc.

HOPL language classification
See HOPL's "Polychotomous key for the classification of programming
languages" http://hopl.info/polykey.html

Approximate size and composition of user community Does a community of
language users exist? How many are there, approximately? What kind of
people/companies/institutions use the language?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce Axtens, Librarian