Seed7 Release 2014-09-21

mertesthomas@gmail.com
Sun, 21 Sep 2014 14:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Seed7 Release 2014-09-21 mertesthomas@gmail.com (2014-09-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: mertesthomas@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 14:21:33 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 23 Sep 2014 21:25:44 EDT

Hello,

I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20140921.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
more obvious.

Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).

Changelog:
- Access to MySql/MariaDb, SQLLite, PostgreSQL, Oracle and ODBC
    databases has been added.
- The library sql_base.s7i has been added. This library provides
    functions to connect to a database, to prepare statements, to
    bind variables to prepared statements, to execute prepared
    statements, to fetch data from the database and to get individual
    columns from fetched data.
- A paragraph about the compilation of Seed7 with database
    connections has been added to the FAQ.
- The example program sql7.sd7 has been added. This program connects
    with a database, reads SQL commands and sends them to the database.
- The example program chkdb.sd7 has been added. This program checks
    SQL statements with several databases. The database login data in
    chkdb.sd7 must be adjusted to allow that opening the databases
    succeeds.
- The library ftp.s7i and the program ftp7.sd7 have been improved to
    accept connection strings of the form user:password@hostName .
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support databases.
- The compiler now adds parentheses arround comma expressions when
    they are used as index. This changes have been done in the files
    arr_act.s7i, bst_act.s7i and str_act.s7i.
- Database drivers consisting of the files dll_drv.h, dll_unx.c,
    dll_win.c, sql_drv.h, sql_ite.c, sql_my.c, sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c,
    sql_post.c, sql_rtl.c, sql_rtl.h, sql_util.c, sql_util.h, sqllib.c
    and sqllib.h have been added.
- The program wrdepend.c has been added. This program is used to
    write C header dependencies to the file depend. It calls the C
    compiler with -I options. The -I options come from the macro
    INCLUDE_OPTIONS, which is defined in the file version.h.
- Database driver files have been added to makefiles.

Regards,
Thomas Mertes