Re: Tripe test failure update

"Nils M Holm" <nmh@t3x.org>
Mon, 5 May 2014 10:30:35 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Mysterious triple test failures nmh@t3x.org (Nils M Holm) (2014-05-03)
Tripe test failure update nmh@t3x.org (Nils M Holm) (2014-05-04)
Re: Mysterious triple test failures alexfrunews@gmail.com (2014-05-04)
Re: Tripe test failure update nmh@t3x.org (Nils M Holm) (2014-05-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Nils M Holm" <nmh@t3x.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 10:30:35 +0200
Posted-Date: 05 May 2014 16:17:36 EDT

John wrote:
> [When you compared the individual object files that the assembler
> genereated, what did you find? -John]

I do not have a 64-bit Linux machine for testing, but someone who
tried the compiler wrote me in an e-mail that the object files are
identical on his system and still the executables differ.

Yes, I know about time stamps, but have only once actually seen
them in the wild, in the COFF linker of Coherent. And anyway, a
timestamp would cause one single difference of a few bytes and
not in the text segment, wouldn't it?

--
Nils M Holm < n m h @ t 3 x . o r g > www.t3x.org
[Yes, that's right. From what you've said, it sounds like modules