Error message with bison and flex

laplante.p@gmail.com
Mon, 7 Apr 2014 22:36:46 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Error message with bison and flex laplante.p@gmail.com (2014-04-07)
Re: Error message with bison and flex kaz@kylheku.com (Kaz Kylheku) (2014-04-10)
Re: Error message with bison and flex DrDiettrich1@aol.com (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2014-04-11)
Re: Error message with bison and flex gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2014-04-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: laplante.p@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 22:36:46 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 10 Apr 2014 10:18:09 EDT

Sometime the text return from a syntax error is very short.

I would like to output 5 lines before the error and
5 lines after the error.

Is this possible without affecting the error message.

If I used input to read the next 5 lins, the message won't be the same and
I don't want to always accumulate the 5 lines before, it will add a lot of overhead to the lexical analyser.

Tx
[The way I'd do it would be to write my own YY_INPUT() that slurps in
the whole file to a buffer when it starts and hands the input to the
lexer a line at a time, so it knows what line it's on. If there's an
error, it can then scan forward and backward in the file buffer to find
the five lines each way. -John]